[NatureNS] comment re Empty Forests-butterfly atlas data

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 07:01:52 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Phil Schappert <philjs@eastlink.ca>

&
>Has the Butterfly Atlas in the Maritimes or elsewhere in NA been going
>on long enough to provide any useful data on population trends for
>these species?

It's not really the right kind of data, Nancy, since it's concerned
with diversity/distribution and not abundance. My own survey work
this year has found every species I expected to see about where and
when I expected to find them BUT I had to put in a lot more effort
this year because there are just not as many individuals flying.

Phil

--

Phil Schappert, PhD

27 Clovis Ave.
Halifax, NS, B3P 1J3
902-460-8343 (cell)

philschappert.com
imaginaturestudio.ca
philschappert.ca

"Just let imagination lead, reality will follow through..."
                                        (Michael Hedges)