[NatureNS] Milkweed on Belleisle Marsh

From: Sharon Hawboldt <sharon.hawboldt@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 19:49:05 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01CE9C4B.FEE824F0

In case others on NatureNS are interested as well as James Hirtle I am =
sending this reply to all. Last week I noticed plants growing in one =
patch in the far western field of the Belleisle Marsh which looked like =
milkweed. We picked one for a closer look. There was a milky discharge =
and after checking with my Flora of Nova Scotia revised by Marian Zinck =
I decided it is indeed common milkweed. Although I commonly see it =
growing along the roadside near Kentville, I have never noticed it =
around here. Happily, I saw a monarch butterfly a few minutes later, my =
first this summer.

Sharon Hawboldt
Belleisle, N.S.
------=_NextPart_000_0007_01CE9C4B.FEE824F0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>In case others on NatureNS are =
interested as well=20
as James Hirtle I am sending this reply to all. Last week I noticed =
plants=20
growing in one patch in the far western field of the Belleisle Marsh =
which=20
looked like milkweed. We picked one for a closer look.&nbsp;There was a =
milky=20
discharge and&nbsp;after checking with my Flora of Nova Scotia revised =
by Marian=20
Zinck I decided it is indeed common milkweed. Although I commonly see it =
growing=20
along the roadside near Kentville, I have never noticed it around here. =
Happily,=20
I saw a monarch butterfly a few minutes later, my first this=20
summer.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Sharon Hawboldt</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Belleisle, =
N.S.</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01CE9C4B.FEE824F0--