[NatureNS] What bird?

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 11:40:54 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a11c3d73c2b1dff04e4dac028

Interesting...if all you had mentioned was the behaviour and the white
rump, "Northern Flicker" would be the answer as this time of year it is
common to see them in small groups (likely families) fly up from the side
of the road as one approaches. However, they're bigger than sparrows and
without the white outer tail feathers.

Randy

_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

On 26 August 2013 10:00, Nancy P Dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just saw several (3-5) sparrow-sized birds fly up from the side of a
> gravel road to the treetops. White outer tail feathers and white rumps-
> that is all I noticed. Lakeview, Kings Co. If not for the white rump I'd
> say Vesper Sparrows or Juncos.
>
> Anyone know what these might be?
>
> Nancy
>
> Sent from my iPhone

--001a11c3d73c2b1dff04e4dac028

nd the white rump, &quot;Northern Flicker&quot; would be the answer as this=
 time of year it is common to see them in small groups (likely families) fl=
y up from the side of the road as one approaches. However, they&#39;re bigg=
er than sparrows and without the white outer tail feathers.<div>

of<br>Antigonish County, NS.</div>
pan dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:nancypdowd@gmail.com" target=3D"_blan=
_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:=
1ex">

I just saw several (3-5) sparrow-sized birds fly up from the side of a grav=
el road to the treetops. White outer tail feathers and white rumps- that is=
 all I noticed. Lakeview, Kings Co. If not for the white rump I&#39;d say V=
esper Sparrows or Juncos.<br>

Anyone know what these might be?<br>
Nancy<br>
Sent from my iPhone<br>