[NatureNS] Hartlen Pt highlights this morning

From: Graham Williams <grahamevanwilliams@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:25:13 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I birded Hartlen Pt for a couple hours this morning. I found the juvenile Yellow-crowned Night-Heron still present at back cove. Near the large tower I found an immature plumaged Prairie Warbler in a mixed flock with chickadees. It was along the trail leading to the tower, about 75yds shy of it. At the new radar pad I found a first-fall Bay-breasted Warbler in a small mixed flock. The tide was very low so shorebirds were widely scattered. Of note were 3 Whimbrel on the fairway north of back cove.

Graham Williams
Longwood, Fl
Currently in Dartmouth

Sent from my iPhone