[NatureNS] Wisteria sinensis in Annapolis Royal

From: <fsalsman@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 12:40:19 -0300

&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;SPAN

------=_NextPart_000_0091_01CEA4B4.EB9608B0

The plot of land in question on highway 8 just south of the junction =
with highway 201 is part of a larger property including a now-vacant =
house. =20

The past owner, now deceased, was a nurseryman who had a greenhouse =
on-site and propagated many species of trees and shrubs.  The wisteria =
was planted intentionally but has definitely spread without anybody in =
residence tending to the property.  The planting of the wisteria would =
have pre-dated the Annapolis Royal Historic Gardens by decades.

Wisteria grows well in this area of Annapolis County and produces robust =
flowers as well as viable seeds.

Faye Salsman