[NatureNS] E Ironbound and Tancook Pelagic birding

From: Nancy P Dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 18:12:58 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I see Blake M is leading some trips to E Ironbound and Tancook Islands. I would recommend this area to anyone for seeing some offshore birds you would not get a chance to view from the mainland coast. We often take our boat across to this area from Lunenburg and usually find some new-to-us pelagic spp. You would see many more with an experienced birder.

The ferry ride itself  to Tancook from Chester can be productive too. If you buy a book of tickets it makes for a fairly cheap "ocean" excursion if you are regularly on the S Shore.

Nancy

Sent from my iPhone