[NatureNS] Monarchs

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 13:00:31 -0300

Thursday morning not long before noon, I was driving to B'water and we
slowed for first one then a second Monarch. I'm pretty sure that is what
they were, size and colour, and flight pattern was correct. They nearly hit
the windshield. They both seemed to be going North!
We saw an unusual number of dead birds along the road. Not all crows.  Saw a
hummingbird collide with a car ahead. It was thrown back in our path. I did
notice they were flying very low.

One of the other birds was black with a very red head. I found it again on
the return trip but it was badly run over by then. Impression was a
woodpecker.
Best regards, Marg Millard, White Point, Queens

http://MargMillard.ca