[NatureNS] humming bird

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 11:29:06 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01CEB074.752A6290

=E2=80=9CMy=E2=80=9D hummingbirds have moved off, early yesterday =
morning. I got up after midnight to unplug for electrical activity and =
the plump one (nicknamed this one) was feeding at that time. Strange how =
one cam awaken and feel their void. Noisy little critters!

There are a number of transients dropping down, frantically feeding =
mostly at flowers but before heading back up they fuel up at the feeders =
and are gone.=20
5 last evening in one group and today several singles. One of the 5 went =
to where the feeder was hung quite a few years ago, like it was =
searching for it. I=E2=80=99ve seen that from time to time, obviously =
less often, as time passes.  I wonder if they are birds that regularly =
visited en route or if they were born here. !2 years would be a bit long =
for being born here wouldn=E2=80=99t it. I wonder how old they get =
to............must look into that.=20

Marg Millard, Queens
http://MargMillard.ca
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01CEB074.752A6290

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>=E2=80=9CMy=E2=80=9D hummingbirds have moved off, early yesterday =
morning. I got up after=20
midnight to unplug for electrical activity and the plump one (nicknamed =
this=20
one) was feeding at that time. Strange how one cam awaken and feel their =
void.=20
Noisy little critters!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>There are a number of transients dropping down, frantically feeding =
mostly=20
at flowers but before heading back up they fuel up at the feeders and =
are gone.=20
</DIV>
<DIV>5 last evening in one group and today several singles. One of the 5 =
went to=20
where the feeder was hung quite a few years ago, like it was searching =
for it.=20
I=E2=80=99ve seen that from time to time, obviously less often, as time =
passes.&nbsp; I=20
wonder if they are birds that regularly visited en route or if they were =
born=20
here. !2 years would be a bit long for being born here wouldn=E2=80=99t =
it. I wonder how=20
old they get to............must look into that. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Marg Millard, Queens</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: =
#000000">http://MargMillard.ca</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01CEB074.752A6290--