[NatureNS] Hartlen Pt, birds scarce

Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 14:04:30 -0300
From: Rick Whitman <dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--089e01537430468f2b04e6ab6e01

I've been out in the woods both yesterday and today. I was thinking
(musing) to myself that Blake might want to open up his Winter List on
October 1st this year.

Rick Whitman

--
Rick Whitman

--089e01537430468f2b04e6ab6e01

 was thinking (musing) to myself that Blake might want to open up his Winte=

8, 2013 at 1:35 PM,  <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:iamclar@dal.ca=
ss=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;pa=
dding-left:1ex">
Should have known better than to foot-slog &quot;Back Cove&quot; at Hartlen=
 Pt. after the passage on the cold fron night before last and smothering hi=
gh that followed. There were almost no birds - usual resident chickadees, S=
o Sparrows, and only three Com. Yellowthroats to represent the warblers. Ha=
d my song-finders on, so don&#39;t think I missed much. A lingering Whimbre=
l on the golf course was not up to recent par.<br>

However, it was nice to see the latest burst of Ladies&#39; Tresses, cernua=
 I assume, everywhhhere along the access roads and paths. =A0And, Pinkk-edg=
ed Sulphures were everywhere.<br>

--089e01537430468f2b04e6ab6e01--