[NatureNS] bird id

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 19:01:12 -0300

Yes Nancy, I did look at them. I thought maybe but I don't think that is
what they are. It would be great to have had them at my place. I haven't
seen them here before, that I can remember.
but I can't tell. I had another look, a clear one but from a distance. I
tried for a photo when the hummingbird got into the lens. I didn't get
another chance as it moved further away. I didn't want to disturb the bird.
I will go to online sites and see if there could be a closer image than I
have from the book. I 'm at my sister's now, closer to the shore. (in White
Point still). As I drove into the yard there were several hummingbirds
checking out a raised bed. I am not seeing  a lot of feeder activity but
they are checking other plants.
Marg
   Did you look at juvenile/first winter Lark Sparrows? Some guides (iBird)
list them as having pink legs.

Just saw a hummingbird here on Corkums Island, near Lunenburg, after an
absence of two days. They were last seen at this location on 17 Sep 2012.

Nancy

http://MargMillard.ca