[NatureNS] last of the hummingbirds and Black Widow Spider

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 16:57:25 -0300

Our last hummingbird left sometime on Sat, 21 Sept 2013 (Wolfville Ridge).
This is the latest we have ever seen them here, the latest previously had
been on 17 Sept in 2008. Checking through my records I note that Ginny
Proulx told me of a late hummer departure also on a 21 Sept, in 2002 at her
home (Clementsvale area? )

Our son-in-law visiting from the west found a Black Widow Spider on some
garage steps he was preparing to paint yesterday. He is familiar with them
so had no problems recognising it. As it was passive am wondering if it
might have been a male, however he quickly got rid of it so we will never
know.

Cheers,

Judy Tufts

  Judy Tufts