[NatureNS] question about plant found in the tide line

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 14:42:09 -0300

Yesterday we walked at Ragged Harbour out on the sand beach. There were a
number of small round things that at first glance I thought might be
jellyfish. The grape sized/shaped ones.  I knocked one a bit with my stick
and it seems it was not a Jelly fish but a bladder of some sort. I might
have thought egg casing except there seemed to be a very tiny root on each
one. Some were full of fluid, some were larger and empty.  Nothing any
bigger than 11/2 inch in diameter that I could see. I have been Goggling and
cannot find an identification for them. I didn't think to take a photo.  I
guess I thought I would find the answer in one of my shoreline books.  I am
not aware of seeing them before.
Does this ring a bell with anyone maybe? They have me curious.
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens
http://MargMillard.ca