[NatureNS] Rare geese, LBBGs etc. today

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 17:35:13 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>, NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>

--001a113366bc1f9f6204e91dfe51

Rick Whitman and I went on a successful wild goose chase today. Called in
at Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Lr. Sackville - at least 6 N. Cardinals, and
other common birds, (and a warbler that we thought likely Orange-crowned
but not enough details to call it for sure).

Then on to the Onslow area, where we found the Barnacle Goose - it was in
the field just to the east of yesterday's sighting, so we had to go to the
end of Dickson Drive (off the 311), walk across a field, and peer through
the bushes to see it (with ~200 Canadas). A passing Peregrine put up a
large flock of gulls up the road.

Then on to Tidal Bore Rd. where the Pink-footed Goose was in a stubble
field with ~1000 Canadas.

Record shots of both birds are here -
http://richard-s.smugmug.com/Birds/Current-Birds/i-dJbZsdD   and subsequent
few shots, and I have put 1 of each on E-bird.

On the way back we checked College Rd., Windsor, but no geese. Windsor
Sewage Plant had some Am. Wigeon, and there were no shorebirds at
Hortonville, but 4 different LBB Gulls around the dykes.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

--001a113366bc1f9f6204e91dfe51

l wild goose chase today. Called in at Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Lr. Sackvill=
e - at least 6 N. Cardinals, and other common birds, (and a warbler that we=
 thought likely Orange-crowned but not enough details to call it for sure).=
=A0 <br>

in the field just to the east of yesterday&#39;s sighting, so we had to go =
to the end of Dickson Drive (off the 311), walk across a field, and peer th=
rough the bushes to see it (with ~200 Canadas). A passing Peregrine put up =
a large flock of gulls up the road.<br>

 here - <a href=3D"http://richard-s.smugmug.com/Birds/Current-Birds/i-dJbZs=
dD">http://richard-s.smugmug.com/Birds/Current-Birds/i-dJbZsdD</a>=A0=A0 an=
d subsequent few shots, and I have put 1 of each on E-bird. <br>

ndsor Sewage Plant had some Am. Wigeon, and there were no shorebirds at Hor=
br clear=3D"all">

>Port Williams, NS, Canada<br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com" tar=
get=3D"_blank">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>###################

--001a113366bc1f9f6204e91dfe51--