[NatureNS] Lesser Black-backed Gull, Cape Breton

From: Andrew Horn <aghorn@dal.ca>
To: "<naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 23:56:03 +0000

Hi all,

Thought I'd sent this but I think Dalhousie's new mail system ate it, so sorry for the late posting:

On 26 October, there was a first cycle Lesser Black-backed Gull along the cobble beach on the north side of the Englishtown Ferry crossing, on Cape Breton.

Found with very casual birding (to say the least), so there might well be other goodies among the many unscanned gulls, ducks, etc along that channel -- a picturesque and birdie spot.

Cheers,
Andy Horn
Halifax