[NatureNS] Clay-coloured Sparrow, Purples Sandpipers, Halifax

From: Andrew Horn <aghorn@dal.ca>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 17:05:23 +0000

Hi all,

A well-marked Clay-coloured Sparrow popped out of, then back into, the dense bushes by the north edge of the Fairview container port on Africville Road (in the North Yard dump area), in response to my pishing from just outside the locked gate (still lots of Song Sparrows there, too).

Yesterday there were eight Purple Sandpipers by the anchor at Pt Pleasant Park, one day too early for the winter list. Though maybe for that list I should mention the following birds that were there today at the same spot, with the many Common Eiders: Common Loon, Black Guillemots, White-winged Scoters, Black Scoters, Long-tailed Ducks, and Greater Scaup.

Cheers,
Andy Horn
Halifax