[NatureNS] Vslley/ Fundy Birding Today

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 17:40:42 -0400
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--bcaec544ef2289345004ecf89e03

Rick Whitman and I went to the French Basin Trail at Annapolis Royal today,
before the fresh water is likely to freeze later in the week. Birds of note
included 5 Gadwall, 4 N.Pintail, 30+ Hooded Mergansers, 50+ Bufflehead a
M.G-W Teal, a F. N.Shoveller, a G. B. Heron that appeared in the middle of
the walking trail, and 2 M.Purple Finches at a feeder. Then we went on to
Port Royal, where just before the Habitation, there was a Snowy Owl (yes -
another one!) being mobbed by Crows in a field by the road.

We came back along the Fundy Shore - notable for the small number of
waterfowl compared to a few years ago, and no Harlequins. But we did find 6
Purple Sandpipers on the rocks by the Margaretsville light, almost
invisible in the rocks despite being very close - until they moved.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

--bcaec544ef2289345004ecf89e03

olis Royal today, before the fresh water is likely to freeze later in the w=
eek. Birds of note included 5 Gadwall, 4 N.Pintail, 30+ Hooded Mergansers, =
50+ Bufflehead a M.G-W Teal, a F. N.Shoveller, a G. B. Heron that appeared =
in the middle of the walking trail, and 2 M.Purple Finches at a feeder. The=
n we went on to Port Royal, where just before the Habitation, there was a S=
nowy Owl (yes - another one!) being mobbed by Crows in a field by the road.=

umber of waterfowl compared to a few years ago, and no Harlequins. But we d=
id find 6 Purple Sandpipers on the rocks by the Margaretsville light, almos=
t invisible in the rocks despite being very close - until they moved.</div>

lto:sternrichard@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br=

--bcaec544ef2289345004ecf89e03--