[NatureNS] dead Snowy Owl

From: "Avery N.-M." <birder.ns@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 15:23:19 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--f46d04428100e9b6f404ed1eeed0

Hi all,
 Yesterday we found a dead Snowy Owl at Black Point (also known as Hemeon's
Head or Arnold's) in Shelburne county. It appears to have starved to death
as there were no apparent signs of injury and the keelbone and legs were
prominent with very little muscle. I'm planning on taking it to my
university's ornithology lab instructor to have it added to their
collection.
 We also saw two live and apparently healthy Snowy Owls, likely a male and
a female, perched in the dunegrass and watching the shoreline.

Regards,
Avery Nagy-MacArthur

--f46d04428100e9b6f404ed1eeed0

d a dead Snowy Owl at Black Point (also known as Hemeon&#39;s Head or Arnol=
d&#39;s) in Shelburne county. It appears to have starved to death as there =
were no apparent signs of injury and the keelbone and legs were prominent w=
ith very little muscle. I&#39;m planning on taking it to my university&#39;=
s ornithology lab instructor to have it added to their collection. <br>

ale and a female, perched in the dunegrass and watching the shoreline. <br>=

--f46d04428100e9b6f404ed1eeed0--