[NatureNS] =?windows-1252?Q?Re=3A_If_you_are_in_the_Windsor_area_with_a_camera=85?=

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 12:09:31 -0400
From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
To: Patrick Kelly <Patrick.Kelly@dal.ca>,

--089e01177661276a8404eed6c978

Bernard and I went there this morning. (the creek behind Maplewood
cemetery). Couldn't get a photo, but flushed the bird, and clearly saw a
teal sized Duck, with some Blacks, and saw the bright blue speculum fringed
with white from behind and above. No doubt it was a Blue winged teal
(although the remote possibility of a cinnamon teal cannot be ruled out).
The white crowned sparrow was also at  John Roberts' feeder,  with evening
Grosbeaks

Richard Stern
Sternrichard@gmail.com
On 31 Dec 2013 09:15, "Patrick Kelly" <Patrick.Kelly@dal.ca> wrote:

>  Hi Richard:
>
>  Joh's place 5358 Highway 14 (the Chester Road so it's on the section
> from Windsor heading towards Martock.
>
>  Pat
>

>  On Dec 31, 2013, at 7:37 AM, Richard Stern wrote:
>
>  Hi,
> I might try this morning. Also do you have the address of the feeder with
> the white crowned and white headed sparrows?
>
> Richard Stern
> Sternrichard@gmail.com
> On 30 Dec 2013 22:35, "Patrick Kelly" <Patrick.Kelly@dal.ca> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone:
>>
>>  I thought I would send this out to people that are in the area, or may
>> be passing through.
>>
>>  We had a second new count species on Sunday and I'm hoping someone
>> would be able to get a confirming picture. The bird seems to be an immature
>> blue-winged teal and was seen by both Jim Wolford and Suzanne Borkowski. It
>> was only when entering the data that I realised that only green-winged teal
>> had been seen on the count in the past.
>>
>>  It was seen both tiomes in the stream/ditch that runs along the back of
>> Maplewood Cemetery in Wolfville.
>>
>>  http://goo.gl/maps/B3wny
>>
>>  You will note that between the headstones and the horsetrack there is a
>> row of trees and just on the other side of the trees (left in Google maps)
>> is a ditch that is usually open and run along both sides of the racetrack.
>> (Past years have also found Wilson's snipe and great blue heron in here!)
>> The trick is to approach slowly and when you get to the end of trees you
>> get a good look down the length of the stream that borders the horse track.
>> If anyone can get some pictures and send them to me it would be greatly
>> appreciated.
>>
>> ==========================================================================
>>  Patrick Kelly
>>  Director of Computer Facilities
>>
>> ==========================================================================
>>  Faculty of Architecture and Planning
>>  Dalhousie University
>>
>> ==========================================================================
>>  MAIL                                   COURIER
>>  PO Box 15000                           5410 Spring Garden Road
>>  Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 4R2           Halifax, Nova Scotia
>>  Canada                                 Canada
>>
>> ==========================================================================
>>  Phone:(902) 494-3294    FAX:(902) 423-6672   E-mail:patrick.kelly@dal.ca
>>
>> ==========================================================================

> Patrick Kelly
>
> Director of Computer Facilities

> Faculty of Architecture and Planning
>
> Dalhousie University

> MAIL                                   COURIER
>
> PO Box 15000                           5410 Spring Garden Road
>
> Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 4R2           Halifax, Nova Scotia
>
> Canada                                 Canada

> [...]

lewood cemetery). Couldn&#39;t get a photo, but flushed the bird, and clear=
ly saw a teal sized Duck, with some Blacks, and saw the bright blue speculu=
m fringed with white from behind and above. No doubt it was a Blue winged t=
eal (although the remote possibility of a cinnamon teal cannot be ruled out=
). The white crowned sparrow was also at=A0 John Roberts&#39; feeder,=A0 wi=
th evening Grosbeaks</p>

Sternrichard@gmail.com</p>
&lt;Patrick.Kelly@dal.ca&gt; wr=
ote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"mar=
gin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

Hi Richard:
 section from Windsor heading towards Martock.</div>
I might try this morning. Also do you have the address of the feeder with t=
he white crowned and white headed sparrows?
ail.com</a></p>
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:Patrick.Kelly@dal.ca" target=3D"_blank">Patrick.Kelly=
@dal.ca</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution">
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">