[NatureNS] Lunenburg Co. today

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 19:23:11 -0400
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>, NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>

--089e01229ba2a988e104efa603c6

Rick, Bernard and I did some Lunenburg Co. birding today, to try and
augment our winter lists, which we did nicely. Some highlights included a
Belted Kingfisher at Fort Point, near Bridgewater, and a flock of ~100
Cedar and just 3 Bohemian Waxwings near Cherry Hill. Photos of both these
are here -
http://richard-s.smugmug.com/Birds/Current-Birds/i-CSJHGzx and rhe next 2
pictures.

All 3 of these species have been rare in NS so far this Winter.

We walked the length and breadth of Cherry Hill Beach, and also visited
Crescent Beach, and saw no shorebirds! Lots of Horned Grebes , Common
Loons, and Common and R-B Mergansers. The usual spots where we try and find
Boreal chickadees, Kinglets etc. were very empty.

Richard
--
#################
Richard Stern,

--089e01229ba2a988e104efa603c6

to try and augment our winter lists, which we did nicely. Some highlights i=
ncluded a Belted Kingfisher at Fort Point, near Bridgewater, and a flock of=
 ~100 Cedar and just 3 Bohemian Waxwings near Cherry Hill. Photos of both t=
hese are here -=A0<div>

>http://richard-s.smugmug.com/Birds/Current-Birds/i-CSJHGzx</a> and rhe nex=
 rare in NS so far this Winter.</div>

and also visited Crescent Beach, and saw no shorebirds! Lots of Horned Greb=
es , Common Loons, and Common and R-B Mergansers. The usual spots where we =
try and find Boreal chickadees, Kinglets etc. were very empty.</div>

 target=3D"_blank">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>###################

--089e01229ba2a988e104efa603c6--