[NatureNS] Purple Sandpipers and Bonaparte's Gull at Green Bay

From: Nancy P Dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 18:13:42 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Among the other birds we saw at Green Bay, Lun Co this afternoon (full checklist to be submitted to eBird):

A single Bonaparte's Gull- unusual in winter according to McLaren's All the Birds of NS.

While scoping a Great Cormorant on an exposed rock offshore we saw 7 Purple Sandpipers feeding there. Not a rare winter bird but I have never seen Purple SPs at this location before.

Nancy

Sent from my iPhone