[NatureNS] Northern Shrike in Scots Bay

From: "Ian McKay" <ian@amimckay.com>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 07:27:22 -0400

Ami and I just looked out our window yesterday afternoon and saw a NORTHERN
SHRIKE sitting in a tree. It then took flight and hovered near a snow bank
[perhaps it heard a mouse?] Managed to get a picture that showed the chest
“banding”, hooked bill and whitish underbill.

The hovering was quite the sight and it did it in the same spot twice.

Ian McKay
Scots Bay

PS I do have a pic posted to my facebook page but when I incl the link last
time this msg didn't seem to appear.