[NatureNS] Bald Eagles and Feeding

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 07:09:46 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I can't respond to the Cape Breton Eagles but I remember watching lots of Eagles gorging on the spent Salmon at the mouth of the Cowichan R on Vancouver Island every Fall during the spawning season. They too filled the riverside trees and waddled along the shoreline.

At least the BC Eagles were getting 'real' salmon, not medicated ones, at that time (the situation might be different today, however). I worry about the antibiotics etc any raptors feeding on farmed fish are accumulating.

Nancy