[NatureNS] Swallow

Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 11:41:54 -0400
From: Sandy Hiltz <birddogns@gmail.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto. ns. ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--089e0116047e9c6b2504f328cf9f

The kelp banks on the shore lines here have been loaded with flies on sunny
days for some  time now. Swallows could easily survive aling shore lines.
On 2014-02-24 10:37 AM, "Marg Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca> wrote:

>    I am aware this is going to sound way off the wall but I have just seen
> a swallow, a solitary bird, for the second time in the past three days. A
> barn swallow, too. Now I know the date to be watching for them is some
> distant time away. Has anyone else seen one? I was chatting with neighbours
> down the road toward the golf course when I first saw it (or one?) and it
> didn't sink in. Then I just put it down to talking about their barn
> swallows and leaving spaces for them to get into the building (no fear they
> love them too) but just now I was at the window, chatting when there one
> went by again.
> Even Steve said I was imagining it. A mirage or a sighting? We do have a
> few flying creatures out and about but I fear this won't be enough to
> sustain a tiny bird like that.
> Marg Millard, White Point, Queens
> http://MargMillard.ca

--089e0116047e9c6b2504f328cf9f

 flies on sunny days for some=A0 time now. Swallows could easily survive al=
ing shore lines.</p>
 &lt;mmillard@eastlink.ca&gt; w=
rote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"ma=
rgin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
=A0 =A0I am aware this is going to sound way off the wall but I have just s=
een a swallow, a solitary bird, for the second time in the past three days.=
 A barn swallow, too. Now I know the date to be watching for them is some d=
istant time away. Has anyone else seen one? I was chatting with neighbours =
down the road toward the golf course when I first saw it (or one?) and it d=
idn&#39;t sink in. Then I just put it down to talking about their barn swal=
lows and leaving spaces for them to get into the building (no fear they lov=
e them too) but just now I was at the window, chatting when there one went =
by again.<br>

Even Steve said I was imagining it. A mirage or a sighting? We do have a fe=
w flying creatures out and about but I fear this won&#39;t be enough to sus=
tain a tiny bird like that.<br>
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens<br>
a> <br>

--089e0116047e9c6b2504f328cf9f--