[NatureNS] Radioactive decay

Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 14:48:29 -0400
From: Larry Bogan <larry@bogan.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

  &lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;It wou
David,
  Time dilation (slowing of clocks) occurs in regions of high gravitational field such as near the event horizon at a black hole. The apparent decay rate of a particle (as seen at respectible distance from the black hole) will be slowed. Radioactive decay at the event horizon, would appear to stop.

  Temperature is a measure of the mean velocity of particles or molecules in a substance. In order to get to relativistic speeds the temperatures would be much hotter than the center of a star.  For a neutron to reach relativistic speeds thermally, the temperature would have to be on the order to 1000 billion degees K (or C) The center of the Sun is only 15 million C.  No substance can exist at that temperature outside the core of a neutron star.  We do not know physics of what is going on inside a black hole.

Larry Bogan
Brooklyn Corner, Nova Scotia
<larry@bogan.ca>