[NatureNS] Brewers/ Rusty (?) Blackbird, LBB Gull, Common

Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 12:52:30 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: "P.L. Chalmers" <plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca>

--=====================_2908859==.ALT

Bernard's post reminded me that I had meant to write in and advise
that the little cove next to the Bedford Sobey's is known as "Moirs
Pond". Moirs Ltd. had a chocolate-processing plant on this site for
decades;
http://www.historicplaces.ca/en/rep-reg/place-lieu.aspx?id=2755  I
remember the aroma of roasting chocolate beans as I walked to Glen
Moir School as a child.

Moirs Pond was partially filled in some years ago, before Sobey's was
built, and the threat of additional infilling has been the subject of
community concern in recent years.

Patricia L. Chalmers
Halifax (and formerly of Bedford)

At 04:02 PM 02/03/2014, Lois Codling wrote:
>In the little cove next to the Bedford Sobey's, right along the
>Bedford Hwy., was a Lesser Black-backed Gull about 1 p.m. today.

--=====================_2908859==.ALT

advise that the little cove next to the Bedford Sobey's is known as
&quot;Moirs Pond&quot;. Moirs Ltd. had a chocolate-processing plant on
this site for decades;
http://www.historicplaces.ca/en/rep-reg/place-lieu.aspx?id=2755</a>&nbsp;
I remember the aroma of roasting chocolate beans as I walked to Glen Moir
School as a child. &nbsp; <br><br>
Moirs Pond was partially filled in some years ago, before Sobey's was
built, and the threat of additional infilling has been the subject of
community concern in recent years.&nbsp;&nbsp; <br><br>
Patricia L. Chalmers<br>
Halifax (and formerly of Bedford)<br><br>
At 11:32 PM 08/03/2014, Bernard Burke wrote:<br>
this morning and was able to see the reported mostly white blue jay, and
while there a blackbird was in the same location but I'm not sure
of&nbsp; which species, so any assistance would be appreciated. I also
seen the reported Lesser Black-backed Gull in Bedford, and the Common
Gull was at Tufts Cove. Hopefully the following link with some of the
birds mentioned will work. If not please let me know.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
http://bernieb.smugmug.com/SmugPreview/March-Birds/37553096_R8tKmK#!i=3112409502&amp;k=LPG27pv</a>
&nbsp;<br>
Bernard Burke<br>
Dartmouth<br>
&nbsp;</blockquote><br>
At 04:02 PM 02/03/2014, Lois Codling wrote:<br>
Bedford Sobey's, right along the Bedford Hwy., was a Lesser Black-backed
Gull about 1 p.m. today.<br>