[NatureNS] Early Spring Migrants

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 17:21:11 -0300
From: <plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

This morning while walking to work, I heard the sound of geese honking, and looked up to see a skein of about 85-90 Canada Geese fly overhead, coming from south to north.  Presumably they will drop down into the Cole Harbour or West Chezzetcook Marshes.

There should be open water there by tomorrow, after all the rain that is forecast, if there isn`t yet!

Cheers,

Patricia L. Chalmers
Halifax