[NatureNS] short film

From: Pat McKay <ah205@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 12:39:40 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a113814c482630004f4e35af2

When I was in Peru last Autumn I remember watching the Paragliders jump off
the cliffs by the sea in Lima, and one of the photos I took of them  also
has a Black Vulture in the shot. It wasn't landing on their wrists however,
as it was a wild bird, but I remember thinking at the time how cool it
would be to be gliding with the vultures all round you.
 The hawks in the video are definitely trained birds as they are wearing
jesses around their legs.

Pat McKay

On 18 March 2014 10:14, Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca> wrote:

>   Richard, I am thinking they must be working with captive =E2=80=9Cworki=
ng=E2=80=9D
> bird(s). What do you think? Were I younger, more flexible and maybe had h=
ad
> a glass of good wine or two, sure I might have tried that........ha! yeah=
!
> Marg in White Point, Queens
> http://MargMillard.ca

--001a113814c482630004f4e35af2

e Paragliders jump off the cliffs by the sea in Lima, and one of the photos=
 I took of them=C2=A0 also has a Black Vulture in the shot. It wasn&#39;t l=
anding on their wrists however, as it was a wild bird, but I remember think=
ing at the time how cool it would be to be gliding with the vultures all ro=
und you.<br>

=C2=A0The hawks in the video are definitely trained birds as they are weari=
g Millard <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mmillard@eastlink.ca" tar=

x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
ing=E2=80=9D bird(s).=20
What do you think? Were I younger, more flexible and maybe had had a glass =
of=20
good wine or two, sure I might have tried that........ha! yeah! </div>
iv></div>

--001a113814c482630004f4e35af2--