[NatureNS] somewhat possible Golden Eagle sighting

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 15:21:14 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a1134a5f8ef6f3d04f54a3047

Now I may be one to blurt out a wrong ID from an adrenaline rush in the
field, but I'd like to think that if I actually *report* a good bird, it
has been with due consideration.

Yesterday, over my own land, an eagle flew over. Not a big deal, I provide
carcasses in the winter for them. It was not high, perhaps 3x treetop
height. It was fairly dark, with white, but not on the head. When I clued
in (about 17 microseconds later), I had about a one-two second view before
it disappeared beyond the trees. However, there was white at the base of
the tail, and only one white patch near the crook of the wings on either
side...classic for immature Golden.

I'm not 100% on this, but I figure I'd send out an alert anyway, just in
case anyone was in the area.

I picked up extra carcasses from the fur buyer in Pictou...will keep you
posted if there's any more sign.

Randy
_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.
(Fairmont, north of the town of Antigonish)

--001a1134a5f8ef6f3d04f54a3047

e rush in the field, but I&#39;d like to think that if I actually <i>report=
Yesterday, over my own land, an eagle flew over. Not a big deal, I provide =
carcasses in the winter for them. It was not high, perhaps 3x treetop heigh=
t. It was fairly dark, with white, but not on the head. When I clued in (ab=
out 17 microseconds later), I had about a one-two second view before it dis=
appeared beyond the trees. However, there was white at the base of the tail=
, and only one white patch near the crook of the wings on either side...cla=
ssic for immature Golden.</div>

ou posted if there&#39;s any more sign.</div>

--001a1134a5f8ef6f3d04f54a3047--