[NatureNS] Canso Causeway and the storm

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 17:23:01 -0300
From: <terri.crane@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: Rick Ballard <ideaphore@gmail.com>

Gang

I'm sure the depth of water and the power of the ice this time of year would help sway them towards the Causeway option.

There was a tuna bonanza for a few years there but nothing now like then the movements of the bait seem to have changed.

We lost a whole fishery in the Chedabucto Bay. There use to be a Haddock spawning grounds and nursery in the bay and fishermen would target this specie. It didn't take long before they disappeared from this area. To catch one off here now would be like getting a good photo of a Cougar!

Tom Kavanaugh
Canso