[NatureNS] singing Brown Creeper

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 15:06:29 -0300
From: Eleanor Lindsay <kelindsay@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--------------040200080705090502000506

Thank you for this Nancy!The tree my feeders hang in (just a few yards
from my living room window) has been intermittently visited most winters
by a brown creeper - but this year it has appeared more consistently
than ever before and I have watched it spiral up and down almost every
day. Now that the air is beginning to fill with birdsong (including
Juncos and purple finches, unusually absent this past winter) I shall
listen for that one in particular....

Eleanor Lindsay
Seabright, St Margarets Bay

On 28/03/2014 2:08 PM, nancy dowd wrote:
> Along with the Dark Eyed Junco and Purple Finch songs heard during storm cleanup in Bridgewater yesterday, I heard my first singing Brown Creeper of the year.
>
> Just a note in case others may be wondering what the musical up-down warble they are hearing around their feeders is.
>
> Here is an example:
> http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/brown_creeper/sounds
>
> Nancy

--------------040200080705090502000506

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      (just a few yards from my </font>living room window) has been
    intermittently visited most winters by a brown creeper - but this
    year it has appeared more consistently than ever before and I have
    watched it spiral up and down almost every day. Now that the air is
    beginning to fill with birdsong (including Juncos and purple
    finches, unusually absent this past winter) I shall listen for that
    one in particular....<br>
    Eleanor Lindsay<br>
    Seabright, St Margarets Bay<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:3E41B4FA-39A4-4712-A96A-9C1F63F94947@gmail.com"
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">Along with the Dark Eyed Junco and Purple Finch songs heard during storm cleanup in Bridgewater yesterday, I heard my first singing Brown Creeper of the year.

Just a note in case others may be wondering what the musical up-down warble they are hearing around their feeders is.

Here is an example:
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/brown_creeper/sounds

Nancy

</pre>