[NatureNS] climate change

From: David Patriquin <David.Patriquin@Dal.Ca>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 17:42:31 +0000

Good article Paul.

I am doubtful about the human extinction part, indeed, our huge numbers probably guarantee that we will not go extinct but also that a lot of humans will suffer.

I see the choice as between the earth as a giant dialysis machine, ever more dependent on high tech human management  and and generating a plethora of bizarre, genetically engineered creatures, versus a species-rich, self-regulating earth.

It seems we have pretty well opted for the former, but there are benefits to human mortality - perhaps a future generation will choose differently. In the meantime, let's conserve as much of the natural world as we possibly can!