[NatureNS] eclose again, but maybe not e-close enough

From: Stephen Shaw <srshaw@Dal.Ca>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:57:48 +0000

Thanks Dave, may be useful so I too downloaded it.   I checked out several terms and all those seemed to be there, but the 'search' function often doesn't give a useful result -- it drops you at a subsidiary use of a word, not at the main definition (e.g. microtrichia, lamina, medulla, chordotonal), and there's no cross-link from there.  It is easy to scroll around, though, so not a big problem.

A limitation is that very little information is given against each definition, usually just a bare phrase or one liner.  It is therefore not a useful source to start to allow exploration of a new unfamiliar topic, compared say to Wigglesworth's 'Principles' 7th ed., or a standard invert zoology text.  I wouldn't buy the $90 hardback printed version.

A fair retort of course is that some people can always find something to grouse about, even when it's free like this.
Steve, Halifax