[NatureNS] Cardinal - Wolfville Ridge

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 21:16:31 -0300

Heard a male Cardinal 'whistling' and calling in our backyard this morning.
Only the second time we have had a cardinal here.  In Aug 2012 a young male
was a '15 min wonder' at our feeders.  However there is hope this might
change as it appears the cardinals are spreading westwards along the
Wolfville Ridge Rd from the Ridge Stile Park at the top of Highland Ave.
Nests have been found in an abandoned orchard in that vicinity and I have
heard one calling a couple of times recently from the Elderkin orchard north
of us.

Cheers,

Judy Tufts

  Judy Tufts