[NatureNS] Palm Warblers on territory

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 17:20:49 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

I have been watching and listening for Palm Warblers for the past three weeks during my daily drives up and down the Big Lots Rd, Northwest, Lun Co. Today was the first day I really noticed them. They seem to have finally arrived en masse.

There were at least 10 very vocal singers along both sides of a 500m stretch going through open damp scrappy thickets. Typical Palm Warbler turf in my experience and the kind of habitat prevalent on recent cutovers on this road. PAWAs are one bird that seem to benefit from clearcuts.