[NatureNS] Faster than light ?

Date: Sun, 4 May 2014 11:17:52 -0300
From: Larry Bogan <larry@bogan.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

David,
  This effect is common in high energy physics where particles travel near the speed of light. Light in a material travels at a speed equal to the speed of light (c) divided by the index of refraction (usually greater than one) so slower than c.
  A cone of light is created along the path of the particle - This is called Cherenkov Radiation.

Larry Bogan
Brooklyn Corner, Nova Scotia
<larry@bogan.ca>