[NatureNS] Two traps in a marsh at Rainbow Haven

Date: Sun, 4 May 2014 19:42:52 -0300
From: Keith Lowe <mythos25@live.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--------------090004060509030907030603

I don't know anything about traps but they are in a small pond in a
marsh at Rainbow Haven and it certainly appeared they were deliberately
placed there. They were tubular with about 1 foot across at the largest
end and 2.5 feet long give or take. They were half submerged and it
looks like the larger end had an opening a few inches in diameter. I
don't see any bait in them though.

On 2014-05-04 6:31 PM, Paul MacDonald wrote:
> By Cage Traps, Keith do you mean eel traps?
> Sometimes storms will wash them to unusual places?
> Paul
> On Sunday, May 4, 2014 5:47:34 PM, Keith Lowe <mythos25@live.com> wrote:
> I tried making this post earlier with a picture attachment of the traps
> but my message never made it through so I'll try it without the
> attachment. While birding at Rainbow Haven this morning, I saw 2
> circular, cage  traps in the marsh that is immediately behind the winter
> parking lot. I never saw them before so they are recent. Does anyone
> know if they are supposed to be there?

--------------090004060509030907030603

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      they are in a small pond in a marsh at Rainbow Haven and it
      certainly appeared they were deliberately placed there. They were
      tubular with about 1 foot across at the largest end and 2.5 feet
      long give or take. They were half submerged and it looks like the
      larger end had an opening a few inches in diameter. I don't see
      any bait in them though.<br>
      On 2014-05-04 6:31 PM, Paul MacDonald wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:1399239097.9606.YahooMailNeo@web160302.mail.bf1.yahoo.com"
      type="cite">
        font-family:verdana, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:14pt">
            font-size: 14pt;">
              Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif; font-size:
              12pt;">
                  May 4, 2014 5:47:34 PM, Keith Lowe
                  <mythos25@live.com> wrote:<br>
                earlier with a picture attachment of the traps <br>
                but my message never made it through so I'll try it
                without the <br>
                attachment. While birding at Rainbow Haven this morning,
                I saw 2 <br>
                circular, cage&nbsp; traps in the marsh that is immediately
                behind the winter <br>
                parking lot. I never saw them before so they are recent.
                Does anyone <br>
                know if they are supposed to be there?<br>

--------------090004060509030907030603--