[NatureNS] Turkey, Kingfishers, White Point

From: Ian McLaren <I.A.McLaren@Dal.Ca>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 17:20:17 +0000

John et al.:

I for one wasn't aware that there were "Wild" Turkey in NS (of course originally  escaped, or maybe released illegally). They have occurred  short-term in several places around the province, and were present on Seal I. in small numbers for a few years until the island  was largely abandoned from late fall to spring and they missed the handouts (and doubtless got et as well).

It would be good if someone would try to get the history on those Yarmouth Co. birds and would continue to track their populations.

Cheers, Ian

Ian McLaren