[NatureNS] Turkey

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 08:17:38 -0300

Good morning all. I found another reply to my turkey question on Facebook
this am. This bird appears to be black and there is a photo of one. It is
taunting a dog in the area. (Mill Village/Port Medway Road)
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens
John et al.:

I for one wasn't aware that there were "Wild" Turkey in NS (of course
originally  escaped, or maybe released illegally). They have occurred
short-term in several places around the province, and were present on Seal
I. in small numbers for a few years until the island  was largely abandoned
from late fall to spring and they missed the handouts (and doubtless got et
as well).

It would be good if someone would try to get the history on those Yarmouth
Co. birds and would continue to track their populations.

Cheers, Ian

Ian McLaren

http://MargMillard.ca