[NatureNS] question about the count

From: Susann Myers <myerss@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 20:58:27 -0300

Hi, Marg.

The spring migration count provides a snapshot of the state of migration on
one particular day, the second Saturday in May.  It doesn't include Count
Week sightings in the way that the Christmas Bird Counts do.  Only the birds
seen or heard on Saturday can be submitted.

By posting the additional bird sightings (before and after Saturday) on
Nature NS, however, you would still be submitting them to the record for the
spring season and they would be reviewed by the seasonal editors for Nova
Scotia Birds, the quarterly publication of the Nova Scotia Bird Society.

I hope this helps.

Susann Myers