[NatureNS] lots of empty FW Mussel shells- why?

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 07:29:10 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div style=3D"margin
Hi Jim

Just to clarify, those are not living mussels in the first two photos. They are single valves all oriented convex side up. I also thought they were whole mussels that had been "uprooted" from the sediment at first. But once I flipped a few over with a stick I realized they were empty single (half) shells.

Nancy