[NatureNS] pine warbler and black bellied plovers

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 19:10:08 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

4 Black Bellied Plovers (3 very black-bellied ones in full breeding plumage and 1 only partially moulted) were a first for me this year at Crescent Beach, Lun Co today. The only other shorebirds I observed there were ~25 Willets.

A first ever for me was a Pine Warbler at Miller's Point, just outside of Bridgewater, Lun Co. I was wondering what a Junco was doing singing in the top of a very tall tree but when I focussed in on it I realized it was a Pine Warbler instead. They sound a lot alike.

Checklist submitted to eBird.

Nancy