[NatureNS] Cardinals, Cuckoo Flowers - Wolfville Ridge

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 16:45:48 -0300

We had visits from a female and a male Cardinal yesterday, the first time we
have had a pair here. The female appeared briefly in the morning and then
both arrived together in late afternoon looking for bird-seeds.
Unfortunately they will be competing with Mourning Doves and now for the
first time several starlings have decided to raise families on our property
so they are also competitors, so they may not find it worthwhile.

The Wolfville Ridge Road ditch to the west of us is full of beautiful Cuckoo
Flowers, the best appearance I think I have ever seen there. Their delicate
fragrance lingers around them which add to their charm. Several Cabbage
Whites were flitting among the flowers.

Cheers,
Judy Tufts

  Judy Tufts