[NatureNS] Excitement On Dufferin - Bridgewater

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 17:59:11 +0000

--_9e323529-add9-456f-9d3c-b3c5c2870866_

I went out for my lunch today and heard what I thought were young birds.  I=
 was busy looking at the trees=2C when I noticed a line of traffic up and d=
own the street.  Right in the middle was a female mallard herding six littl=
e ones across the street.  When she got to the curb everything would've bee=
n fine had an American crow not been there to try and take one of the littl=
e ones.  People in the car threw bread out of the window to distract the cr=
ow and the ducks proceeded down along the the roadside edge down the street=
.  A lady then came into the picture and proceeded to chase the ducks off o=
f the road.  Later on in the picture a group of people were pursuing the ad=
ult and ducklings with a box attempting to gather them up.  I do not believ=
e that they were successful though.  The female mallard had a goal in mind =
as to where she was taking the ducklings.  Likely to the Desbrisay pond.  I=
f people had left well enough alone=2C I figure everything would've been fi=
ne.  Anyhow=2C I don't know what will become of them now that they've been =
chased basically back I assume to the pond where they were being brought fr=
om. =20
=20
James R. Hirtle
Bridgewater
=20
 		 	   		  =

--_9e323529-add9-456f-9d3c-b3c5c2870866_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt=3B
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
my lunch today and heard what I thought were young birds.&nbsp=3B I was bus=
y looking at the trees=2C when I noticed a line of traffic up and down the =
street.&nbsp=3B Right in the middle was a female mallard herding six little=
 ones across the street.&nbsp=3B When she got to the curb everything would'=
ve been fine had an American crow not been there to try and take one of the=
 little ones.&nbsp=3B&nbsp=3BPeople in the car threw bread out of the&nbsp=
=3Bwindow to distract the crow and the ducks proceeded down along the the&n=
bsp=3Broadside edge down the street.&nbsp=3B A lady then came into the pict=
ure and proceeded to chase the ducks off of the road.&nbsp=3B Later on in t=
he picture a group of people were pursuing the&nbsp=3Badult and ducklings w=
ith a box attempting to gather them&nbsp=3Bup.&nbsp=3B I do not believe tha=
t they were&nbsp=3Bsuccessful though.&nbsp=3B The female mallard&nbsp=3Bhad=
 a&nbsp=3Bgoal in mind as to where she was taking the ducklings.&nbsp=3B Li=
kely to the Desbrisay pond.&nbsp=3B If people had left well enough alone=2C=
 I figure everything would've been fine.&nbsp=3B Anyhow=2C I don't know wha=
t will become of them now that they've been chased basically back I assume =
to the pond where they were being brought from.&nbsp=3B&nbsp=3B</font><BR>&=
nbsp=3B<BR><font size=3D"6">James R. Hirtle</font><BR><font size=3D"6">Brid=

--_9e323529-add9-456f-9d3c-b3c5c2870866_--