[NatureNS] Wilson's Warbler and Chimney Swift

From: <klantz@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 23:19:44 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01CF786F.D0568DB0

I had two new birds in my yard at Front Centre today, a Wilson's Warbler =
first seen by my eldest son Chris who was visiting from Ontario. Then at =
around 8:20 pm a lone Chimney Swift came from the direction Wentzell =
Lake and circled back out of sight before I could get a photo. I saw it =
again, or another, about 15 minutes later and started thinking about the =
old Centre School which is about 1.25 Km away in the same direction. =
There is a large chimney there that can't be see well from the road but =
I suspect that if swifts were using it they would have been noticed at =
some of the sporting events held there over the years. It's still =
probably worth a look or two, I didn't get there till 9:00 pm this =
evening and may have been too late.

Kevin Lantz
------=_NextPart_000_001D_01CF786F.D0568DB0

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-FAMILY: ; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; =
mso-ansi-language: en-ca; mso-fareast-language: en-us; =
mso-bidi-language: ar-sa'><FONT=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt" face=3DCalibri>I had two new birds in my yard =
at Front=20
Centre today, a Wilson's Warbler first seen by my eldest son Chris who =
was=20
visiting from Ontario. Then at around 8:20 pm a lone Chimney Swift came =
from the=20
direction Wentzell Lake and circled back out of sight before I could get =
a=20
photo. I saw it again, or another, about 15 minutes later and started =
thinking=20
about the old Centre School which is about 1.25 Km away in the same =
direction.=20
There is a large chimney there that can't be see well from the road but =
I=20
suspect that if swifts were using it they would have been noticed at =
some of the=20
sporting events held there over the years. It's still probably worth a =
look or=20
two, I didn't get there till 9:00 pm this evening and may have been too=20
late.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-FAMILY: ; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; =
mso-ansi-language: en-ca; mso-fareast-language: en-us; =
mso-bidi-language: ar-sa'><FONT=20
size=3D3 face=3DCalibri></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-FAMILY: ; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; =
mso-ansi-language: en-ca; mso-fareast-language: en-us; =
mso-bidi-language: ar-sa'><FONT=20
size=3D3 face=3DCalibri>Kevin =
Lantz</FONT></SPAN></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01CF786F.D0568DB0--