[NatureNS] Bat sighting

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 22:26:13 -0300

This evening as I drove up Route 8 toward the DNR office to pick up Steve
(fire fighter there) As I was passing the Christian Church, at the
intersection of Route 8 and Moose Hill Rd., now called Milford St, I
believe, a larger bat (not a little brown bat) flew right across in front of
my windshield.  It is a 50 Km  zone there and it  was hunting at the light
there. I had a couple seconds to 1/2 minute to  pause and watch before
another car came up behind me. Time was 9:03 pm. What a treat! I have been
watching here but other than the one early in the spring, hunting here at
White Point, Queens, I don't believe I have seen one. If ever it warms up
and I can sit out at dusk, hopefully I will see another one.
Marg Millard, Queens

http://MargMillard.ca