[NatureNS] Swainson's Thrush calls

From: "John Kearney" <john.kearney@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 12:44:28 -0300

The peeper call of the Swainson's Thrush is it's night flight call. Indeed,
the spectrogram of the Swainson's night flight call and that of the Spring
Peeper are very similar and at times indistinguishable.  Both Swainson's and
Hermit Thrushes will sometimes give their night flight call during the day,
especially in twilight conditions. Thanks for this observation Nancy.