(No Subject)

banded killifish. Assuming all fish are the same species, the best look is
the bottom fish in photo ending in 800.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/92981528@N08/14164740800/

http://www.arkive.org/banded-killifish/fundulus-diaphanus/

It's a pretty common fish, I see them quite a lot, often in schools.

Cheers,
IM

On 5 June 2014 11:30, nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com> wrote:

> We have always called these little (20-60mm) fish by the technical name
> "minnows". I think they may be Sticklebacks of some sort. Note these
> pictures were taken from a rock looking into the shallows and there was
> some wave action. Neither good nor clear in other words. The shadows may
> give more hint of their identity than the fish themselves:
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/92981528@N08/14164740800/
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/92981528@N08/14350478654/
>
> These "minnows" are usually in groups of +/-10 fish. This pic seems to
> show a lot of smaller ones (look for shadows) and one larger one at center
> left. If these are Sticklebacks, I have read they do not abandon their eggs
> but provide some protection and parental care for their young. Could this
> be a family group? Or just a random collection of fish:
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/92981528@N08/14164661189/
>
> Thanks for any observations, Nancy

--001a11c2ab34515d0304fb1bb381

and banding on the flanks, my best guess would be banded killifish. Assumin=
g all fish are the same species, the best look is the bottom fish in photo =
ending in 800.<a href=3D"https://www.flickr.com/photos/92981528@N08/1416474=
0800/" target=3D"_blank" style=3D"font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13=
px">https://www.flickr.com/photos/92981528@N08/14164740800/</a><div>
iaphanus/">http://www.arkive.org/banded-killifish/fundulus-diaphanus/</a><b=
 a lot, often in schools.=C2=A0</div>
 dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:nancypdowd@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">=

left-width:1px;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-left-style:solid;p=
adding-left:1ex">We have always called these little (20-60mm) fish by the t=
echnical name &quot;minnows&quot;. I think they may be Sticklebacks of some=
 sort. Note these pictures were taken from a rock looking into the shallows=
 and there was some wave action. Neither good nor clear in other words. The=
 shadows may give more hint of their identity than the fish themselves:<br>

=3D"_blank">https://www.flickr.com/photos/92981528@N08/14164740800/</a><br>
=3D"_blank">https://www.flickr.com/photos/92981528@N08/14350478654/</a><br>
These &quot;minnows&quot; are usually in groups of +/-10 fish. This pic see=
ms to show a lot of smaller ones (look for shadows) and one larger one at c=
enter left. If these are Sticklebacks, I have read they do not abandon thei=
r eggs but provide some protection and parental care for their young. Could=
 this be a family group? Or just a random collection of fish:<br>

=3D"_blank">https://www.flickr.com/photos/92981528@N08/14164661189/</a><br>
Thanks for any observations, Nancy<br>

--001a11c2ab34515d0304fb1bb381--