[NatureNS] Flying Ants early this year

From: Nancy P Dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 19:28:49 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

The big Flying Ants (I do not know what species but others might) are erupting this evening here at L Torment, E Dalhousie, Kings Co. They do not usually overlap with the Blackflies and are at least 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule at this location.

Date, temp, moon phase or ?- What cue do they use to begin swarming? After a day or two I will not see them again until next year.

Nancy

Sent from my iPhone