[NatureNS] Spider Wasps?

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 18:23:26 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

There was a steady stream of these dark wasps lazily whirring along and colliding with me, the rocks, the ground or anything else that so happened to be in their flight path. "Drowsy" would be an apt description of their behaviour:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/92981528@N08/14227346768/

If I have them IDed correctly as Spider Wasps (do I?) it is hard to believe that such a seemingly torpid insect could catch a spider.

Thanks, Nancy