[NatureNS] Eastern Meadowlark

From: Nancy P Dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 17:41:17 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I have been trying to pin down this distinct whistled song for two weeks now and later this afternoon I finally sighted the singer: an Eastern Meadowlark. This was in Lakeview, nr East Dalhousie, Kings Co in a field that is cut once a year in the fall. Breeding? (After the rain all the birds seemed very vocal. I wonder if they take advantage of the singing-in-the-shower sound carrying effect?)

The last EAME I saw was over 20yrs ago in our field in Riverport, Lun Co. Can't remember the time of year.

Nancy

Sent from my iPhone